CM SAF: QGIS
QGIS (previously known as Quantum GIS) is a free, open source and cross-platform desktop Geographic Information System which:
- offers standard GIS functionality, including: viewing, editing, analysis and mapping
- supports most geospatial vector and raster file types, database formats and map projections for integrated analysis and visualisations
- incorporates other open-source GIS packages, including PostGIS, GRASS GIS, SAGA GIS and MapServer, providing extensive functionality
- uses plugins which further expand its capabilities by providing additional tools
- runs on a number of operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS X, BSD, and Android)
- remains an official project of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo)
- is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
A detailed description on how to use CM SAF NetCDF data within QGIS can be found here. Example data to follow the provided example can be downloaded here.
Comments and suggestions on improvements are always welcome.
SK / Apr2017